Jonathan D. Steele
Jonathan’s practice focuses primarily on the legal needs of children with disabilities. He also provides special needs trusts to insure that those in need continue to qualify for programs and benefits. Jonathan is a partner at the firm and heads the firm's special education practice.
Jonathan is originally from Allegheny Township, Pennsylvania. He is a graduate of the Duquesne University School of Law. Jonathan also holds a degree in Music Education from Youngstown State University. Prior to attending law school, Jonathan worked as an elementary music educator. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar and has been admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Jonathan currently resides in Mount Lebanon with his wife, Maureen and daughters, Harper and Morgan. Jonathan is an avid photographer and enjoys spending time riding bikes with his wife.
Areas of Practice
- Special Education Advocacy
- IDEA/504 Litigation
- Education Litigation
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Youngstown State University
- Special Education Law Case Studies , Rowman & Littlefield (January 12, 2019)
- FBAs and BIPs: An Essential Legal Guide, CLE Presenter for National Business Institute
- Pennsylvania Special Education Law, CLE Presenter for National Business Institute
- Disciplining Students with Behavioral Issues, CLE Presenter for National Business Institute
- Presented lectures on special education law to students, Thiel College (Guest Lecturer)
- Dean John J. Sciullo Continuing Legal Education Series, Duquesne University School of Law
- Cause for Disruption: Getting Students Back to School: Addressing School Avoidance and Anxiety, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a Pennsylvania Rising Star by SuperLawyers 2019
- Selected as a Pennsylvania Rising Star by SuperLawyers 2018
- Phi Mu Alpha