Marcus B. Schneider
Marc’s practice focuses primarily on litigation in federal and state courts, where he represents both individuals and small and mid-size businesses. Marc is a partner at the firm and heads the firm’s civil litigation practice.
Marc has extensive experience litigating employment matters including wrongful termination, discrimination in the workplace, retaliation under the Pennsylvania Whistleblower Law, and violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Using the knowledge he has developed from handling these matters in the courtroom, Marc works with his corporate clients on policy creation and the handling of personnel matters to prevent litigation before it starts.
Marc has also handled a wide variety of matters arising in the Pennsylvania education system and in higher education. Marc has represented teachers and administrators in connection with a variety of matters arising under the Pennsylvania School Code. At the higher education level, Marc has represented students in disputes with colleges and universities.
Marc's litigation practice also actively involves civil rights, contract and commercial disputes, personal injury, and defamation.
Regardless of the nature of the dispute, Marc prides himself on being a problem solver and trusted counselor to his clients. In many cases, the best solution for our clients is an amicable resolution. Marc has extensive experience working with the many capable mediators in the Pittsburgh area to resolve all types of litigation.
Originally from Kittanning, Pennsylvania, Marc now resides in the North Hills with his wife, Nikki, and his two daughters, Molly and Margot. Outside of the office, Marc enjoys playing and watching soccer, attending concerts, and hiking and camping.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment
- Employment Discrimination and Retaliation
- Employer Compliance
- Public and Higher Education
- Commerical Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Personal Injury
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. cum laude - 2008
- Pennsylvania State University
- B.A. - 2005
- Major: Philosophy